“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Sunday, November 6, 2011

red robin...yuuuuuuum!

I don't know if it's because I grew up in Hawaii with tons of good food and few chain restaurants,
or if my dad--a midwestern by birth, a food snob at heart--never liked chain restaurants,
so we never went to them, but I have never really liked chain restaurants.
I guess when I was a kid I liked 'em, but every kid just likes to go out to eat--it doesn't matter where.

Restaurants like Applebees, Chilis, Dennys, etc etc etc have never really been my thang, if you know what I mean?
Im more or a sushi- curry-lettuce wraps- gyro-kind of girl.
I guess you could say I'm a food snob in some sense.
(I blame my dad.)

So what's my point?
My point is, when Alex asked me if I had ever been to Red Robin and my response was no,
he was astonished.
"Everyone has been to Red Robin!" he said.
Well, not me, and I wasn't ecstatic about trying it on Saturday night.
I wasn't mad we were going there, just a little bit skeptical.

But, we sat down with our friends at a table, ordered our food, and then ate our food.
Funny huh? At a restaurant...who would have thought?

I got the Boneless Buffalo Wings with Ranch dressing...
and it turns out, they're one of my favorite foods.

I just LOVE the spicy, distinct flavor they have...they're just so good!
Really bad for you, but very tasty.

I guess I'm trying to say that not all chain restaurants are gross. :)
I would still choose sushi 100 times over wings, but I'm more of a fan now.



Well, keep on enjoying those high-caloric, greasy, I'm- gonna- barf- as- soon- as- I-get- up- from- this- table- because- I- ate- that, food you all eat at one time or another!
I have got to hit the gym!!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Kimberly and I went there last night, but left because we didn't wait to wait an hour to eat! haha.

    ReplyDelete