“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

happy v-day

Our first Valentines Day together...



This year...







This year was mine and Alex's third Valentines Day spent together! Can you believe it? Three already! The first Valentines Day we spent together, we dressed up, Alex brought me beautiful red roses, and we had dinner up in Salt Lake at Bucca Di Beppo--one of my favorite restaurants! We had only been dating a few weeks at this time, and we danced at a spot that overlooked all of Salt Lake. Romantic, yeah? Last year, Alex and I were so tired from that week and that day that we didn't plan anything, we ate Cafe Rio while watching the movie Valentines Day, and Alex made me a little basket full of lovey things--flowers, a couple chick flick movies I said that I wanted and candy. We got engaged two days after Valentines Day last year. It doesn't feel like I have known Alex for that long--I mean I know everything there is to know about him, but it is still fun and exciting! I still get nervous sometimes when I see him...weird, I know!

Anyway, this year we went low key again and spent Valentines Day at home, but it was so great! We copied a friend--Grace Brummer--and decided to pick up some heart-shaped crusts from Pap Murphy's and make pizza! It was delicious and so fun to just hang out with Alex. He is so fun to be around--really, I never get bored of him or anything! That is how it's supposed to be! I tried to make it romantic-- even though we were eating pizza--by buying 32 tealights. 32!! And making our kitchen a pretty site! After dinner, we continued the tradition of watching Valentines Day and ended the night with a bang!

All in all, I had an absolutely lovely evening. My beautiful roses are sitting in a vase on our kitchen table and I can't help but smile every time I look at them.

1 comment:

  1. Ended the night with a bang? Hahaha, I'm totally cracking up! You're hilarious. And your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete