“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Just call me a workin' woman!




You are looking at Happy Sumo's newest waitress! That's right, I went on a job hunt a couple weeks ago, got hired by my first-choice restaurant, and started training last week. I. am. ecstatic.

Now I know most of you are probably thinking, "This girl is crazy. She is excited for a job!" Well here's the deal: I knew I was going to have to get a full time job this summer, which by the way I have never had before, and thought that I wanted to do CNA. So I signed up to take a class at the end of the school year and started applying for jobs for the summer. But, to my surprise, it was going to be a lot dirtier of a job than I thought--think drool, 80-year-old's poopy diapers, and bathing men that are four times your age. Yeah, I know. Gross. I just knew that I wouldn't be happy doing that--and working by myself most of the time--all summer long. So, I decided that waitressing or hostessing would be a pretty fun job--I love people, I love working with people that are my same age, and I love food. So I applied to Happy Sumo, got an interview, and then got the call that I would start working there the next week.

I started training on Thursday and it has been a lot of fun! Crazy hectic, but fun! My trainer is awesome--I love her and her funky fashion (she's got a short red and black bob--so cute!) and all of the other girls are just adorable! I have gotten to try a few of the dishes that I haven't had before and they are all delicious--Alex says everyone that likes sushi should be jealous of him because his wife brings home free gourmet sushi! haha

Happy Sumo will be a great place to work--it has a classy atmosphere, good unique food that reminds me of home, cool people, and it attracts non-Utah County folks--which is a good thing because Mormons aren't known for their tipping. Ha!

Just call me a workin' woman!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got a new job! Sounds like a fun place to work and I really love sushi, so I am jealous :) I do have to say though, I loved working in a nursing home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog, Maddi! Hopefully you can become a sushi chef and teach us all how to make delicious rolls! Yum. Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete