“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Over Memorial Day Weekend, Alex and I traveled to Oregon to visit his family and to see our beautiful, new nephew be blessed in the church. It was a wonderful experience and we are both so happy that we were able a part of this special experience. Wyatt is a beautiful baby and it was so fun getting to know him and his sweet little personality. He truly is a blessing from above and Alex and I can't wait for the day when we decide to have children. We hope that won't be for a few years, but I guess you never know the surprises life can throw at you.

While I have spent time with Alex's family, I still have so much to learn about them. I really did have such a good time getting to know his parents a little bit better, his brother and sister- in- law better, and his extended family as well. They are all so nice and welcoming and I love hanging out with all of them. I already feel at home when I am with them, which is nice. Not to mention, Oregon is absolutely lovely in the summers, and The Nicholson property is refreshing and beautiful. I could stare out at their green grass and luscious forest backdrop all day long.

The new baby!! Isn't he sweet?


We had a family baby shower for Jen--it was really fun and Terry did a great job planning everything! :)
The new grandmas (Alex's mom on the left, Jen's mom on the right)
We went to a restaurant called The Ram's Head at Timberline Lodge! 
I got the Chili in a bread bowl. Delicious. 




We also went to another restaurant called Calamity Jane's...

...where you can write your name on a dollar bill and put it on the ceiling!!


Alex and his brother, Steve.


Last but not least, we went up to explore the Piddock Mansion in Portland. Boy, is that a beautiful house! Wish we lived there! :)


Hope everyone else had a great Memorial Day Weekend!! We are spoiled rotten! xoxo



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your hair and outfit in the last pic! You are so beautiful and I MISS you! get over here asap! ps where's that red skirt from? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I got it at F21...it was only like 7 or 8 bucks! :)

      Delete