“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Monday, August 1, 2011

showerin' it up

Yep, that's right-o!
I had a bridal shower at my dear friend Rachel's house.
She is a lovely person, with two darling children, and a very funny husband
Oh, and did I mention she moved a couple weeks ago and her house was in ready condish for the party?
I know...she's an overachiever, but we still love her :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was Paris-themed so a lot of the food was French-inspired...there were crepes with TONS of toppings including nutella, sparkling "champagne," bread pudding with raspberries and a honey-butter glaze, the trifle as you can see in the picture, cream puffs, a french silk pie that yours truly made...and the list goes on. Let's just say I ate my weight in desserts that night. :)

Photobucket

One of the ongoing games the guests played before I opened presents and watched a video of Alex answering questions about me or him or us. It was absolutely precious and I loved seeing him on screen with all his stage present...it was like he was there a little bit!
...except then I would have gotten to kiss him... hehe

Photobucket

Some of the guests at the party--loved having all of them there!

Photobucket

Just a bowl that I got overexcited about...you know you're getting married slash old when you get excited over bowls. But seriously, that will look so cute sitting on my counter with fruit in it, right?

Photobucket

Yeah, it was that kinda bridal shower, too. ;)

Photobucket

I will LOVE my hubby! ...shirt is courtesy of my mama :)

Photobucket

I think I'm set for the first little while with all of the slinky, lacey stuff...these are Alex's favorite gifts of course! haha

Photobucket

Oh happy day...

Photobucket

Emily laughing at something me or Alex said while answering questions...

Photobucket

Thank you to the two hosts of the shower--Emily and Rachel--to you I raise my glass as you have cute kids and are still skinny despite having those cute kids. You are officially in "the skinny-moms-cute-kids-club" I aspire to be in one day a looooong way down the road.

Thank you for a lovely shower!
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment