“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Thursday, October 13, 2011

birthdays are the best

...because only on that day of the year do you
1) get six texts before eight am,
2) get presents,
3)get to throw parties
4) have people celebrate your birth
5) and have the WHOLE day all about you!

My husband absolutely spoiled me this year and I loved it!

To start the day, he woke me up singing happy birthday and holding a large, wrapped present with a bow on it!


Yep! I got my red Hunter boots and I am totally in love.
I even wore them yesterday and got several compliments from people I didn't even know :) EEEEE! (That's my high- pitched, happy noise!)

Then I walked out of our room, and Alex decorated the house with balloons
and a happy birthday sign. Just like my mom would have done.
Happy days.

He made me breakfast--waffles with Speculose and Nutella. Yum.
And I opened my presents--I got an ipod classic from my parents since my current ipod has issues (so happy), and a pair of Steve Madden Flats from Alex's parents. Love 'em!


After school, we went to Nordstrom's to look around and I bought yet another pair of boots with the money I got for my birthday--they're the Black Steve Madden Intyce Riding Boot.
I already have them in Cognac, but I wanted a black pair of black boots and these are definitely my favorite.

I am very happy with my purchase...although my mom is going to laugh because that means I got almost all shoes for my birthday.
I'm such a stereotypical girl!
...I don't mind. ;)

After Nordie's, we went out to my favorite restaurant--Happy Sumo and got Sushi. It has become a tradition and I'm loving it.
I can never get enough Sushi...it makes me miss Hawaii.



To end the night, we had a bunch of my friends come over for a little birthday party filled with music, cake, ice cream and FUN!





It was so good to see everyone that I haven't seen in a while--like my Paris peeps and Dave and Natalie (a couple we used to hang out with fairly often). I miss all of them.



Jaycee and Bill and Ben and Lindsey stayed over a while after everyone left and we just hung out...oh yeah, and the boys dressed up ;) haha

Thanks for the wonderful birthday everyone!! Love you all!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment