“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Friday, March 2, 2012

Auditions

Auditions are so fun to watch. Especially good auditions. Especially good, unique auditions. And especially when you are a singer and can appreciate different voices and styles. While I don't watch American Idol anymore (I watch The Voice instead and it's great!), I do like to look up the top ten of the season and watch their auditions. I love watching the first auditions before the contestants have had any coaching and before they make them into this "Hollywood Cookie Cutter Star" where they all look the same. I am always amazed at how much raw talent there is in the world--just in America! It really is amazing! Here are a few of my favorite auditions:

1. Phillip Phillips: ridiculous name, but he is great! His style is right up my alley and I loved watching his perform, especially when he busts out his guitar and sings Thriller. Probably my favorite in the top ten.


2. Heejun Han: This guy is hilarious!! He has a good voice, but he has an even more lovable personality!!


3. Johnny Keyser: This guy is actually not in the top ten, surprisingly, but this song he sings is A-MAY-ZING! He is good looking, a little cocky, and has a great voice! Wow.


Hope you enjoyed those as much as I did!!



No comments:

Post a Comment