“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hi Wyatt, I'm your Auntie Maddi!


Dear Wyatt,

Welcome to the world, little man! You did it! My name is Maddi and I'm your new aunt and you are my new nephew--my very first nephew actually! Although I haven't met you yet, I have already heard so much about you--your parents are quite thrilled to have you and I know they love you more than anything already! Probably even more than they ever could have imagined.
Babies are one thing that come into this world instantaneously loved--you don't have to spend time with them after they are born in order to love them. You just do because they are yours. Forever.

No, I haven't met you yet, but I look at your picture and I already love you and your little button nose that is just so cute! I look at your picture and dream about the day that I will get to be a mother and raise a baby just like you.

Well, I hope you are being good for your tired mother who is adjusting to a new life with you! Even if you aren't, I know she doesn't mind. She is just happy to have you and to call you her son. You are in good hands, I promise.

I love you, Wyatt!
-Auntie Maddi

(**that's how we address our aunts in Hawaii, but you can just call me Aunt Maddi, if you want! I won't mind!)

No comments:

Post a Comment