“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Monday, July 23, 2012

Family Vacation {part 2}

Then off to Yellowstone we went! {Although, I did forget to mention that on our last day in The Grand Tetons, we went white water rafting. I don't have any pictures, but it was so much fun. I could do that over and over again. We even saw a bald eagle!} 






In Yellowstone, there were Geisers everywhere, but obviously Old Faithful was the most beautiful and most reliable {in terms of going off and spraying the water high into the air!} It was pretty amazing to see and makes me even more appreciative of God's wonderful creations. 







While they say Yellowstone is the capital of animal life, in all honesty we didn't see all that much. We saw a lot of elk and bison, but besides that we didn't really see much. I thought it would be like snow white--birds and squirrels everywhere! I think I saw maybe five squirrels that whole time we were there. Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed.



Here is a waterfall that was just beautiful--there are several in Yellowstone.


Attractive, Connor!



While in Yellowstone, we did a lot of hiking. One of our hikes was a four-mile roundtrip hike up some steep switchbacks to some spectacular views. When we started this hike, it was windy and overcast...which then quickly turned into a lightning and thunder storm with rain that felt like hail. Sounds miserable, right? Actually, it was quite fun and made for a great memory! In fact, I loved it.




Earlier that day, we went to a place called Mammoth hot springs. Yes, there was a waterfall there, but it is so beautiful because it just looks like white powder all over. I am not sure what it is but it was so beautiful.






Later, we went to the arch, where it has engraved at the top, "For the benefit and enjoyment of the people." Cool, eh?


Like I said, we did a lot of hiking. One contained a million and a half stairs that lead down to a waterfall. It was awesome! Obviously, the stairs were a little tiring {especially coming back up}, but so worth the view!




Then off we went to the Grand Prismatic--the very popular helicopter shot of the spring with all of the magnificent colors was taken here. see link below.

http://www.lpi.usra.edu/education/fieldtrips/2007/explorations/grand_prismatic/index.html








It rained once while we were there pretty hard {like I said, we were hiking}. But after, we saw a beautiful rainbow. I haven't seen one of these since being in Hawaii, so it was just lovely to see.


We had a great time with both of our families and wished we lived closer to all of them, so it would be more of a regular thing to see them. Thank you for the memories and the great trip--we loved it!

1 comment:

  1. Ben and I have been wanting to go to Yellowstone for forever!! So beautiful and such a beautiful family:) Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete