“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Shave Ice and Fourth of July {aka my third favorite holiday}

On Wednesday, we decided to take my brother Connor, who is visiting us this week, to get some shave ice {yes, for those of us from Hawaii, it is shave ice--not shaved ice} at a little stand across from the BYU dorms. We hadn't ever been there, but we had heard really good things about it...and we weren't disappointed. I was a little hesitant to go, being from the island where shave ece was made popular, but it was surprisingly good! It was great actually--it tastes like Matsumoto's in Haleiwa. They even have some of the unique flavors that Hawaii shave ice places offer like Li Hing Mui and Lychee. I would highly recommend it, and it is a great summer treat full of sugary goodness!






Yesterday was Independence Day-- third favorite holiday {a close third, too} next to Christmas and Halloween. It was wonderful. I did have to work in the morning, but luckily nobody came in so I got to leave early and come home to my boys and our dear friends, Lisa and Jim, for some swimming and a barbeque in our backyard. Hello, sunshine! Hello, tan!

Alex even surprised me with an itsy bity, teeny weeny, red- and- white striped, starred bikini!! It is adorable and Alex has wanted me to buy one for a while now, so I guess this is more of a gift to him than me ;)








{Ignore my pruney pool hands...}






Hope you all had a great 4th! We love this country and wouldn't want to be anything but American! xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment