“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Friday, April 29, 2011

Adventure Number 1: The Airport


This morning was the most STRESSFUL morning of my life! No joke.

I arrived in Frankfurt, Germany this morning at 6:50 am, found my gate like I was supposed to with the help of some awesome friends I made on the airplane, and sat my little tushy down to await my flight. I waited. And waited. And waited and nobody was at the gate. So I checked the board and it said I was in the right place. But I thought I should make sure so I asked an "info lady" and she told me that my gate had changed. Well good to know Frankfurt!! Anyway, I went and found my gate only to find that my plane was 45 minutes late. Well I had a shuttle to catch as soon as I got to Paris so my plane COULD NOT BE LATE!!! Oh. Em. Gee. What was I to do? Nothing. Absolutely Nothing.

Fast forward a little bit when I arrive in Paris. So the plan when I got off the plane was to get through customs and baggage as fast as possible and find my peeps for the shuttle. Welllll, I got into terminal 1 into baggage claim 5/6 and couldn't find them anywhere! Nowhere!! So I asked someone if there were any other baggage claims 5/6? Turns out there was a baggage claim in terminal 2 and 3 also...oh and terminal 2 has terminal 2a, 2b, 2c, 2d, 2e, 2f and 2g all with baggage claims 5/6! What the heck was I going to do?? I didn't know where they were?

Good 'ole facebook helped me out! I was able to contact my program director and with another hour of walking around, asking for help (in french wahoo!!), a metro ride, and some tears...I found them finally! They didn't leave me. Thank heavens!!

Now I am here in my hotel and ready to take a nap. Phsych!! That won't be for a while. Now, it's time to adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment