“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Thursday, April 14, 2011

She and Him met...


Let's just say when Maddi met Alex, it was most definitely unexpected. Here's the story:

Maddi was taking Anatomy a couple of semesters ago. Alex was an Anatomy TA. I know you all see where this is going and you like it, don't you?

Anyway, Maddi had seen this TA in the Anatomy lab several times before, but had never talked to him. I mean, what was she supposed to say? "Those are some nice rhomboid muscles you've got there..." No. She didn't think so either. So she simply waited for him to come to her. And he did. Soon enough.

A couple weeks into the semester, Maddi was struggling to learn the 467 billions bones she needed to learn that week, and to her surprise the handsome TA she had seen around came over and asked her and a couple of other kids if they needed any help. Now Maddi couldn't let this opportunity go to waste and she really, desperately did need help, so she eagerly burst out, "I know nothing. Can you go over everything with me?" (That would give her a couple of hours with him, right?) He just laughed and said sure. We sat down, he got a probe, and then we went over every single bone from the scapula, to the pelvis, to the ribs. Oh, did I mention that she thought it was so awkward when he was teaching her about the pelvis? I'm not sure why. I mean, the pelvis was nothing compared to the reproductive system. Now THAT was awkward.

After learning everything and being so nervous to answer any question the handsome TA--she later learned was named Alex-- asked her, Maddi left the lab. BUT, before she left the lab she asked the other TA working with him if she knew if he was dating someone? The TA said she wasn't sure, but that she could ask him for me. WHOA! HELLO? NO THANK YOU? ARE YOU CRAZY? I didn't want him to know I was into him or anything...I mean c'mon! But the TA denied her request and as Maddi hastily ran out of the lab, she turned to look back and found Alex and the other TA I conversing.

Long story short, Alex pulled Maddi aside a couple of days after this interaction and asked her out. And the rest is history...at least I think it should make history books! ;)

2 comments: