“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Friday, January 20, 2012

Baking and Cooking






I love cooking and I love baking! Alex actually gets a little frustrated with me because I guess I make too many treats...who complains about that, right? haha

I don't what it is about cooking or baking for me? I know that a lot of people don't particularly care to do it, but I really do enjoy it. Perhaps it's the satisfaction of a good product and the compliments associated with it? Or maybe it's because I associate it with the weekends since that is generally when I do the most baking? Maybe it's because I have fond memories of baking with my mom or grandma? Or possibly because it's just fun for me. I love being home alone, turning on some music, and just making something--that's mostly baking though.

Cooking is a different story. I like cooking for people--not just myself. Maybe because it's not as relaxing as baking since I don't have as much experience with actual cooking. The last couple years it's been mostly microwavable foods or things like chicken nuggets and frozen pizza that I can just throw in the oven, but since getting married I have made dinner quite often. Probably, on average, three or four times a week and I LOVE it. I love it right now, but Im sure when I have kids and the whole super- exciting- newly-marriage- life dies off I won't like it as much. We'll see.

But for now, I love it and know Alex loves it, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment