“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Monday, January 30, 2012

Budgets and Purses


Im not sure how the time passes so quickly, but I am suddenly so behind on my blog. I haven't written n my blog in almost a week and that cannot happen again--it's my New Year's Resolution! But nevertheless, it has been a busy busy weekend. I have my first Physics test today, a microbiology test on Wednesday, and Biomechanics test next week. Man, I am just tired thinking about everything I have to do today! But, at least The Bachelor is on tonight--I know it's trashy and probably one of the dumbest forms of reality there is, but I quite enjoy it! Im rooting for Kacie B. or the redhead, although there isn't really anyone on the show that I love. I can tell you who I don't love...Courtnie! That woman is the devil, but she sure does play the game well!

Anyway, when Alex and I first got married, we put a little budget together. We each get twenty dollars per week to spend on entertainment. OR if we want to save up for something, we can stay home that weekend or do a dollar movie or something pretty cheap and keep that money that we would have spent. At the beginning of the semester, I started saving up for a Lululemon running pullover. I am currently very motivated to workout as I purchased the BYU Aerobics band that gives me access to all of BYU's fitness classes. My favorite class is one called R.I.P.P.E.D because it is so difficult and you are guaranteed to burn 2,000 calories in one week. I know, that class kicks my butt every time I go. But I like it that way.

Anyway, back to our budget and the lululemon pullover. So, it sold out and I was so sad for a while. But, of course I found something else to put my money towards! Alex even got me a little mason jar to put my saved money in so I can see it grow haha. For a while now, I have wanted a Marc Jacobs purse and I found one I love enough to save up for. I saw it at Nordstrom and while it is going to take my about eight months to save up for, I think it will be worth it. It is a small time to wait for such a classic piece, in my opinion. But I know several would disagree with me on that one. Wish me luck! I have a long way to go! haha

4 comments:

  1. Maybe it will go one sale in June when Nordstrom has their big sale and then you only have to wait 5 months:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So what is Alex saving up for? Or does he have to pay for all the dates. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha Alex is actually saving up for a messenger bag that he can take to his med school interviews ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being newlyweds and learning to live on a budget can be a tough thing when you factor that each has their own past experience with money. Best to learn now and keep living lean even after the revenue increases because it’s best not to get into debt if at all possible because when emergencies arise, it best to be able to fall back upon a buffer. Yes, there are lots of nice things out there, but they aren’t nice if debt comes to haunt you.

    ReplyDelete