“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Park City with the Girls


Starbuck's Salted Carmel Hot Chocolate


This past weekend, my old roommates (and a few others) and I headed up to Park City for a weekend filled with memories, laughing, and tons of fun! Cami's family owns a condo right in the middle of Park City, just a few blocks from The Park City Ski Resort, and we have gone up the past three years and it is always an absolute blast.

I was telling my dad that I was going up with my friends for the weekend and he said, "But you're married...you can't do that kind of stuff anymore." Well, guess what? I just did. Alex is so chill and wants me to continue to have relationships with my good friends even though I'm married. I still do lots of fun things, both with Alex and with my friends, and I LOVE it and am so grateful for his loving and supportive attitude. He is just so great!

Well, I didn't take very many pictures up there because I was too busy catching up with everyone and the drama that's going on in their lives AND I didn't want to be too annoying with the constant camera out taking fairly boring pictures--eating pizza, watching movies...you get the picture.

Nonetheless, the weekend was great. It started out with pizza and candy (you're jealous already, right?) and watching a corny chick flick--Win a Date with Tad Hamilton. Have you seen it? It's pretty great for as corny and predictable as it is. After the movie, a few of us went upstairs to get ready for bed as it was already Midnight, but in the process of brushing our teeth and inching our way under the covers, we managed to all find ourselves in the same room talking about everything from killers and scary movies to watching ridiculous, yet hilarious youtube videos. You can't have a sleepover without a little pillowtalk, right? Even if we all are in our twenties and going to college... :) I still enjoy it.

The next day, most of the girls went skiing at Park City and the rest of us stayed in town to save some money since the snow has been lacking this year. Instead of going skiing, we stayed around the condo and went shopping at the Outlet Mall--but most of it was window shopping as we were poor, remember? I did purchase a pair or active/workout pants because I recently started doing some fitness classes (Zumba, Yoga, Cardio Boost etc) at BYU so I needed a few more outfits to inspire and motivate me! Super exciting purchase, eh?

Anywho, besides that we had lunch all together at the resort with Brooke Clason's dad, who was so generous to pay for all of our meals. (The nachos I got were the size of a small toddler!)

Then I came home to my wonderful husband who greeted me with a kiss and a relaxing evening at home watching Friday Night Lights and eating Coldstone Ice cream. It couldn't get any better than that!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVED this weekend! It was so fun to hang out with you. And now you have me addicted to that salted caramel hot chocolate. I've been craving it all week...

    ReplyDelete