“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Thursday, January 5, 2012

It was Christmas and New Years and I was Married...




La Jolla, CA


It was my mom's 42nd birthday!



Point Loma, CA: tide pool
s

Christmas morning

Alex and his stocking candy!
Balboa Park


The Hotel Del Coronado decorated for Christmas
Mom and Connor while eating on a pier near Coronado

We did a 20-mile bike ride from Coronado to Imperial Beach on the Silver Stand trail

Del Mar, CA on New Year's Day


Alex catching a wave...
Downtown San Diego on New Year's Eve...
Dinner at an Irish Pub in San Diego



I guess it's time to write about my perfectly wonderful Christmas break with my old family and with my new family--that's right, Alex and I spent our first Christmas together AND married this year and it was more than delightful.

For the past two years (can you believe Alex and I have been together for about two years now!), Alex has said anytime we have a break that's more than a long weekend, I up and leave him and go running home to my family. It's true--I always left early for Thanksgiving and Christmas and on occasion a few other holidays, leaving him to hang out all by his lonesome.

This year was different--my family came out to visit us for Thanksgiving since Alex's family was out visiting his brother and sister-in-law in Baltimore, and then we drove down to San Diego for a sunny Christmas with my family--even my grandparents were there!

It was just perfect. I got to spend the break with my family, but also with my husband--my new family. I didn't have to miss anyone and it was great to see everyone together on such a wonderful and special day.

Alex, of course, fit right in with our traditions and family outings. In fact, I truly believe that my little brothers miss Alex more than they miss me because he really was like a fun and older brother that played games with them, worked out at the gym with them, played football with them, teased them, and just had fun with them! Alex is so easy to talk and get along with, so it's no wonder that everyone loves and misses him! He really is the best, you know?

Christmas was on Sunday, so we had a nice and easy day, just spent with the family, enjoying each other's company, as well as our new things.

New Year's came and went, but instead of just sitting at home this year, we actually did something and it was so much fun! Now, before you get too excited, I want to warn you that we didn't do anything super extravagant, but it was a great night and plenty of fun for me!

For New Year's, my family (minus Reedo) went and spent the evening downtown in San Diego. There were plenty of people, plenty of short skirts, plenty of sparkly attire, and plenty of alcohol. We even got to see a drunk guy being kicked out of a restaurant, and as he was leaving he said, "I want my one call..." Haha, sorry bud, but you're not quite in jail yet...keep arguing and you might make your way down there though! :)

While down in San Diego, we found an Irish pub to eat at, which was the best part of the night! There was a band playing, lots of loud people, great Irish food (I got fish and chips), and lots of Irish accents to coo over! My little brothers were quite entertained by some of the crude lyrics the band was singing, laughing at every horrid line....they might have enjoyed it a little too much. ...Nah!... they were actually quite good!

After dinner, we went home and watched the ball in NYC drop at midnight. It was a simple, but great night!

I love being with my family, especially during holidays, and was so lucky to get to spend both Thanksgiving and Christmas break with my family my first year being married. BUT, I am also excited to get to know my in-laws better next year, as we will spend Christmas with them in Oregon.

This may be a bit late, but Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry I never got to see you! It looks like you still had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete