“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Resolutions 2012 (Serious Post)


It is a new year. A lot has happened and a lot has changed this year. Things have changed for the better and I am looking forward to working on myself this year. Last year, I didn't even make resolutions and I saw the negative consequences this past year, as I wasn't working towards anything. I want to change that this year. I want to be better in many aspects and even though I am positive I will mess up dozens of times, I know I will gradually be progressing and hopefully improving in several different areas.

So here are my resolutions for 2012:

Be healthy: work out at least three times a week for thirty minutes at a time. Cook three healthy meals a week, and drink diet coke only on Mondays and Fridays.
Be smart: read every page of my school reading assignments before they are due. Don't procrastinate.
Be wise: read one page of scriptures in the morning by myself and one page of scriptures at night with Alex. Do better on FHE. Don't study on Sundays when possible.
Be happy: happiness in a choice and it is one I need to choose everyday. Do not say "I don't want to go to school" and be optimistic about the day and its events.
Be productive: Spend only 15 minutes on fb, blogs, pinterest etc. on weekdays. Study on Saturday mornings when possible.
Be a historian: Turn my blog into more of a journal that I can print and give to my kids one day. Blog three times a week on important things like my thoughts or our experiences.
Be clean: clean up my clothes better so Alex doesn't have to throw my stuff into the closet when they are lying on the floor.
Be a performer: perform at least three times this semester at different events or venues. Improve my stage presence and go after my dream!

Happy New Year!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. maddi I miss you! let me know when you perform. i want to come!

    ReplyDelete