“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Concert Weekend

This past weekend was full of concerts! On Friday night we went to a free concert put on by Joshua James. If you don't know who Joshua James is, he is a local folk musician who puts on a pretty passionate performance. I didn't take any video at the concert, but it was pretty cool. I don't really listen to him, but Alex has liked him for a while now so Im glad he got the chance to see him. It was at a beautiful, old church in American Fork. We all sat on the floor. There were lots of lights placed on the floor that actually looked like they were floating a little bit--a very intimate setting with only about 100 or 150 people there. He also made a bunch of cookies--they were vegan, of course, and was selling goat milk that he had made earlier that week. Hipsters...haha ;) Also, Isaac Russel, another local kid who is incredibly talented, opened for him.

On Saturday we went to the Matt Costa concert in BYU's Ballroom. We got to the concert about an hour early so we had a really good view--I was going to say we had really good seats, but there were no seats. We were all standing and we were in the second row! We could see the sweat on his nose! haha He was awesome! I loved seeing him. I hadn't really listened to him all that much before either, but I definitely started listening to him after that concert. He was amazing, playing his guitar, a drum-like block with his foot, and sometimes the harmonica as well. All while singing with his incredible voice! Before he became a musician, he was actually a talented skater who wanted to go to the X Games and stuff. After an accident where I believe he shattered his leg (or something like that), he put all of that energy into playing and now he is a talented and passionate musician that puts on a pretty great show.

You can watch some of their stuff here:



And since we're on the subject of music, I have been obsessed with this song recently. I heard it in Crazy, Stupid, Love and looked it up...it love at first hear! :)


"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."

1 comment:

  1. Maddi! I'm addicted to Blood too! I had your blog playlist going all night while I was studying. I love it.

    ReplyDelete