“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Mother


Dear Mom,

I never wrote you a note/letter this year for your birthday and I don't exactly know why, but it is important so I am writing you one now. I am writing you one that hopefully you can keep and reread for many years to come--this one will never fade since it's online, you know? Well, Happy Birthday, Mom! You are now 42 and even wiser than last year--truly, you are. I mean you just finished another semester of college with a near perfect GPA. Good for you! You never cease to amaze me with how much you are able to accomplish. You may not do everything superbly and you might lose your cell phone occasionally by accident, but you are intelligent even if you can't remember how to do every math problem right now, you are still beautiful even if you have another wrinkle on your face, you are forever cheerful and fun to talk to on the phone even when you have had a more than chaotic day, you are full of the Spirit even though you get angry and swear on occasion (sorry for spilling the beans on that one haha), you are caring even when your children only call in need of something, you are courageous especially now while taking on school, motherhood, church callings, and "wifehood" among other things (I would definitely put you in the Griffindor house), and you are inspiring to me even as just a mother trying to go to school. You may not be a doctor or a lawyer who brings in lots of money and who can buy me whatever I want, but you are someone that I LOVE to talk to everyday. You are someone that I miss on a daily basis. And you are someone I look up to and want to be like someday because you are my dear mother--full of kindness, wisdom, laughter, patience, fun, optimism, beauty, the Spirit, and love. I love you Mom and I hope you had a Happy Birthday!

Love, Madison

(** I know this post is long overdue as your birthday was on December 22. My apologies. **)


No comments:

Post a Comment