“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Giverny: my haven

Today was our last day in Paris. I know it's sad, right?
But it was a GREAT day.
We had a day trip with the BYU Art History program that is in Paris now and visited a bunch of places that Van Gogh painted. Then we visited his grave.
I really like Van Gogh's work if I do say...





Then we went to Giverny, which is quite possibly my favorite place on this whole. entire. earth.
Giverny is where Monet lived and painted. It is filled with flower gardens, water lilly gardens and a beautiful and quaint house filled with lots of color that I was not able to take any pictures in. Sorry.







After today, Monet is not only my favorite Impressionist painter, he is my favorite painter of all--besides my love- of- a- fiance I call Alex, of course! He is my favorite. In life.

After our excursion, I ate my last macaroon from my favorite Boulangerie close to my house before going home for our final dinner with our host family.

Dessert before dinner, eh? ...it's ok I'm in college so I'm allowed

Dinner was amazing. I can't say anything that would express my gratitude to the Beauville family who housed me for the last five weeks. They were manifique and truly hospitable. I have come to love Madame and Monsieur and their four kids and can only hope that I will do my part in keeping in touch with them. Merci.

My host mom serving appetizers


my little host brother Henri just being his silly self... HA!

My host family

But for now, I'm gonna focus on coming home to my friends, my family, Cafe Rio, P-town, and Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment