“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Friday, June 17, 2011

How do people in Geneva afford food, clothes, AND shelter??

That's right, Geneva was SUPAH expensive!
So 1 franc is about $1.20, and a McDonalds meal that would be about $7 here in the United States was 14 francs...are you kidding me????
It's McDonalds people!
But anyway, welcome to BEAUTIFUL Geneva:

look at those puffy white clouds...

Goy-geous!

Cutest little baby bird ever...look at its' HUGE baby feet!

Yeah those are my favorite pants that have holes down below in them :( sad day...


One of the days that we were there, we went to my friend John's favorite Kebab place for lunch. He served his mish in Geneva and this is supposedly the BEST! We could only eat one meal a day in Geneva because we're poor, and let me tell you...so worth it! So delish!


This is what a Kebab looks like--it's kinda like a Greek Gyro with lamb and a white sauce and some veggies. So good!

Oh hey! Look at my international moneys in my international traveler's wallet!! Ooooo!


Then we went to the large Jet d'Eau. It is the largest fountain in the world at 450 feet high and it is simply lovely!

Look how clear the water is...crystal clear!

Then we sat and had a picnic...but without any food... because we couldn't afford it. :)


We saw the famous flower clock and this is it. I know... disappointing, right? I thought it would be way bigger and waayyyy cooler. Oh well! It still looks pretty, eh?

On Tuesday night, we went and had a group program dinner--a fondue dinner! So much cheese! After Olivia and I went on a run...not the best idea we've had. Haha

Last day in Geneva=best day in Geneva! We went to the equivalent of their "community pool" with three platforms, some docks, and swimming areas all over the place. It was so super fun! I loved every minute of it...even if there were people making fun of us when we screamed going off the platform. What can I say, it was really high!!!

Check out this guy sitting next to us in his pink speedo. Ew.

So fun, huh?

Look at how high the highest platform is...30 whole feet!!

Then to top off the best day ever in Geneva, I bought a swatch. A turquoise swiss watch that I L.O.V.E. Oh baby!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's gorgeous there! I wonder what people do for a living who live there to like you said, afford it!

    ReplyDelete