“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

the BIGGEST grave yard in the world!!!! ...ok ok, only in Paris.

Yesterday was Monday. We didn't have class. Yes. I love study abroad schedule.

So we went to lunch and then went to Paris's largest grave yard--Pere Lachaise cemetary.
I went there with my family my freshman year of high school when we visited Paris, but it was a little bit more interesting this time around, as I knew who a couple of the people buried there were--only a couple. HA! I need me some more culture to fully appreciate that place ;)


Anyway the couple people I knew there--or should have known at least--were Oscar Wilde, Moliere (who we have recently studied here in our French Lit. class) and Jim Morrison.


Oscar Wild is a well known author who was apparently gay. I guess it was a big deal back then because everyone and their mom kisses his grave with lip stick. Lip stick is everywhere!! ...let's just say I would never actually kiss that being the minor germaphobe I am. Ew.


Jim Morrison. I'm not really a fan, but I got a picture with it just to say I did. That's really it. Haha


Today we had class, but I am now done at 3 pm instead of 5 pm because my photo class ended last week. Once again, I love study abroad schedule. It's so nice!!
We have a new professor though--Doctor Hudson. Professor Olivier is back in the states and Hudson is here to take over--and we have LOTS of fun things to look forward to. On Thursday morning we leave for Normandy for three days and I. Am. Stoked. So excited!!
But today, we simply ate treats and talked about our excursion. YES!! I introduce you to the millefeuille:

Well tomorrow should be full of more surprises!! Take it easy and see ya soon!

1 comment:

  1. Oscar Wilde is the best, Maddie! He is a really good author. Very witty. And gay. Read a poem of his or some quotes if you haven't!

    ReplyDelete