“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Friday, May 27, 2011

Peter Pan (English Accent, please) and Normandie with an -ie!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a couple days, but I want you to know that I brought my computer all the way to Normandie for YOU!

Ok...and mostly for me so I can skype with Alex. Shhhhh...

But anyway, I guess I will start from the beginning on Wednesday day.
Wednesday was fun filled! Between classes, Taylor and I went and got some A-MAY-ZING pasta right down the street from where we have class. The restaurant owner was so so nice and told us we had very good french (yay!) AND they give you your pasta-to-go in a little Chinese box. That was most definitely my favorite part, of course!


After class, a couple of us went to the Latin Quarter here in Paris and saw a lot of cool stuff including:

The narrowest road in Paris

An old theatre that aspiring artists used to perform at...so cool and tiny!

A cafe that Voltaire, Rouseau, and some other crazy writers used to sit and discuss philosophy at...wowee!! ;)

And the coolest bookstore you will EVAH see! It was like a little piece of London in the heart of Paris.

Then Friday evening came and we all went and saw Peter Pan. It was very entertaining and definitely in French...who would have thought? Although the songs were in English. :) Oh and a couple of times they broke into English in their dialogue when singing about green cake and screaming the f-bomb. Don't even ask about that one!! haha




That brings us to yesterday. Yesterday was absolutely freezing. But still fun!
At around 7 am (ew. early.), we all packed up and started our voyage to Normandy. Ok it was only a three or four hour bus drive--but that's a lot! At least we were riding in style. Our program rented out a pink Mercedes party bus. Can you say PAR-TAY!? So. much. fun.
After riding for what felt like forever, we came to a small town called Bayeux where they have tapestries that are almost 1000 years old! It was way cool, even if it sounds boring.


I also got a delicious pizza from that small town :) Loved it!


After Bayeux, we headed to the American cemetery where all of the soldiers that died in D-Day are buried. It was so lovely. But once again very cold, so a little bit difficult to fully enjoy it.




Oh and btw, I LOVE being American! I've learned that a lot more while being here and I really do the love the good ole' U.S. of A. Yay for eagles!

Finally we ended the day with a trip to the D-Day beaches. Well technically it was called Pont du Hac I think, but it was B-E-A-utiful! ;)



It's getting quite late here and all of my roomies are trying to sleep, so I will tell you about today's activities here at Mont Saint Michel in Normandie tomorrow.
Take it easy guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment