“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Saturday, May 21, 2011

I think I'll move in...

Versailles.
That's all I have to say.

Ok. Ok. So, yesterday a bunch of us went to Versailles and it was amazing! I have been there before with my family, but we only explored the chateau then. This time, I felt like the chateau was the least interesting or beautiful part. I mean, don't get me wrong, the chateau is incredible and HUGE, but it's almost too much. Every room is decked out and by the fifteenth room that has gold-lined curtains and crystals all over the place, it's like meh...





But the gardens...now THAT is where it's at! It We even rented a row boat for a little bit and we were just livin' the dream at that point. Honestly, does it get any better than rowin' down a lake on the Verailles property? Well, I guess it could have been a little bit better if someone was rowing us... Just joking! Who do you think I am? :)




After hanging out and looking at the gardens for some time, we went to Marie Antoinette's "farm." Apparently she used to play "peasants" with all of here friends so she has a little village with beautiful cottages out away from the chateau. It was like being in a fairy tale. Can you say Beauty and the Beast? haha I absolutely loved it with all of the land and trees and streams and rivers. It was quite lovely if I do say. :)




I think I'll move in...

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!! I loved Versailles. I didn't see the cottages but Ryan and I rented bikes and biked the gardens. Breathtaking!!

    ReplyDelete