“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Friday, May 13, 2011

yesterday was perfect and today was deathly adventurous!

So sorry I didn't blog yesterday, but blogger was being quite difficult and would only let me do my academic post. Hmmm is it trying to tell me something about my priorities? I think not.


But on a different note, yesterday was an absolute perfect day in Parisian paradise. Our professor organized a picnic with everyone in the program earlier this week, we met at his apartment yesterday at noon, then we all went and bought the food--everything from cheeses, to fresh sliced ham, to delicious baguettes, to local grown fruit, to refreshing juices andsalads, and finally to very fancy and very expensive patisseries--and walked down the street to the Eiffel tower.


The weather was perfect, the food was perfect, the music was perfect, and the people were perfect. Everything was perfect until about 20 of us decided it would be really awesome to make a human pyramid...let's just say it ended with the whole Eiffel tower crowd looking at us unhappily, while we all laughed our heads off at the top of our lungs. Ha!

Oh and did I mention that I went to see Minuit a Paris again? I know you're thinking: "what the heck! She went and wasted another night in Paris by going to a movie?!" Well, let me tell you that I came here to Paris to be a Parisian and real Parisians aren't out touring their own city...they are watching American movies, which are most likely French movie remakes, and then those movies are dubbed back into French...or so my teacher says hahahaha ;)


Today was very different: we went to the Catacombs!! Apparently, it is a mass grave 20 meters underground where 6 million people are buried. Just to put that into perspective: that is about the same number as Jews killed in the Holocaust. Wowee! There were so many bones and skulls and femurs and more bones down there...man oh man! It was pretty creepy, and dark, and drippy. Ew. But WAY cool! I will let the pictures do the describing on this one...

I will SCARE the monsters, and Sarah will be SCARED...

Creepy washing hole...reminds me of the ring...you?

Stacked femurs and skulls...lots of them!


Lastly, we did a walk for our culture class and saw some pretty cool stuff like the oldest hotel in Paris where you can stay at for a bargain price of 2500 euros a night (holy moly!), a couple chapels, a tower, a fountain and candy/chocolate shops that were so cute I wanted to die...but seriously! So classy!

Temple/tower

Chocolate/candy shops!!

Fountain and beautiful chapel that looked like the Kirtland Temple
Oldest hotel in Paris (2500 euros/night)


1 comment:

  1. This all looks so fun! I'm jealous and wish I could be there too! Enjoy your time!!

    ReplyDelete