“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Sunday, May 15, 2011

no i'm not going catholic on you...

Yesterday I got to sleep in! Highlight of my day! (wa-hoo!)
After a relaxing morning of sleeping and school work, we headed out to go to some Museums--we were planning on going to a ton because they were free today for everyone...BUT free=crowded and busy! Plus, we have these art cards from our program that get us into a lot of museums and other sight-seeing places for free! It's fantastic.


We did go to Musee D'Orsay and I got to see some of Van Gogh's stuff including one of my favorites--his self-portrait. I loved it!! I was hoping to see Starry Starry Night, but apparently that's in New York. See, American has some awesome stuff too! :)

We also went briefly to the Petit Palais, which was beautiful! It's basically a palace with lovely and HUGE paintings on the ceilings. C'est manifique!!


This morning, a couple of us attended a Gregorian Mass at Notre Dame. That chapel is absolutely stunning and the service was... interesting. Lots of chanting. Lots of robes. Lots of Latin. Lots of old men. But it was a really cool experience and the singing was pretty!



Then we went to sacrament down the road at the LDS church and the Catholic mass made me realize how much I really love our church and the gospel. It is so much more personal and I feel the spirit every Sunday, without question--even if it's in a different language and I can't understand everything. I love the church.

P.S. Sorry for the crappy pictures but we technically weren't supposed to take any in Musee D'Orsay and I felt like it was a bit disrespectful to take several in Notre Dame. :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so dang lucky! You were inside the Notre Dame. . . seriously, seriously?!?!

    ReplyDelete