“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Monday, May 16, 2011

What have I done so far?

So today wasn't the most interesting day as we have a test tomorrow for our french lit/history class and had to do some studying...ew. I guess they don't call it STUDY abroad for nothing huh? BUT we did go to the Louvre for a couple of hours and saw some famous stuff like the Mona Lisa and winged victory. For those of you who don't know what that is just from the name, it is a statue of a naked woman (of course) who has no head and she has wings. It was saweet! ;)

Unfortunately I forgot my camera so I don't have any pictures. Boo! :( That's ok...you probably get tired of seeing all of my pictures anyway haha

So since today was so uninteresting...ya know, just hit up the Louvre for a bit nbd... I have decided that since I have been here for about two and a half weeks, we should evaluate what I have done on my bucket list so far:

1) "See some soccer studs play a match"...I havent done this and won't get to because tickets are about $60 and I don't have that kinda money. Sad day I know. But it's ok because I'm in Paris!

2) "Buy a scarf that costs 3 euros"... Wellllll, I haven't bought a scarf that's only 3 euros, but I have bought a scarf that was under ten. So I think that counts, right?


3) "Musee d"Orsay"...check and check!
4) "The Louvre: Statue of David"...it turns out that that statue of David is in Italy and I am that uncultured to not know that. Sorry humanities majors...I have failed you. But I did see the Mona Lisa and the winged victory, among other works of art.
5) "Sacre Coeur"...we haven't done this yet, but I am planning on attending a mass this Sunday. We shall see if that actually comes to pass :)


6) "Eat a patisserie on a french rue"...you all know I haven done this one one too many times. Man, oh man I have probably done this everyday since I got here. Check!
7) "Run at a park in downtown Paris"...nope havent done this! It's mainly because I am so tired every morning that I am just too lazy to drag myself out of bed to do it...but I will before I leave! I promise. I think.
8) "Versailles, baby!" ...we are doing this on Friday so not yet.
9) "Go to a concert" Hmmm...i don't know if this will come true because once again tickets are expensive!! But I have gone to two movies!


10) "Say a prayer in church in french" Not yet...I'm getting there.
11) "Cook dinner with my host family" I have asked if I could help, but haven't gotten to actually help yet. I don't know if that's allowed here?
12) "Talk to a street vendor in French" Oh yes! I have talked to many many people in French, including the grocery stores people who are scary.


13) "Shop Le Champs-Elysees...window shop that is" YES!!


14) "Walk Le Tour Eiffel...I'm takin the stairs" No. I havent done this and don't plan on doing it because its 14 euros. But I did walk the Arc de Triomphe and that was A-MAY-ZING!

15) "Eat a crepe with Nutella" Yes several times and they are delicious!

Til next time! xoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment