“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Sunday, May 22, 2011

religieuse? like a nun? no, a pastry.

Yesterday was FILLED with food. And it was de-li-cious!
For lunch, we met up at a Couscous restaurant that our professor suggested we go to because he apparently has found that this is the best place in Paris for couscous...and apparently the most expensive also. ;)
But I decided with the first bite that it was worth every centine! Yumm! It was so good. I just love food and this was wonderful food.




After couscous...and a much lighter wallet...we went to get MORE FOOD at another delicious and expensive place our professor suggested...worth it once again! It is a fancy pastry shop called Carl Marletti and we tried the religieuse, which is basically two cream puffs stacked on top of each other. They are both filled with a very rich and very think chocolate pudding-like substance and topped with ganache. Then in addition, there is a hazelnut icing that is lightly added to the top. Oh my! It literally changed my life and my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Gahhhhh! yum.




Today, we went to church and it was the longest church I have ever been to. Ok, so I might be a little bit dramatic with everything, but my attention span is about 45 minutes and we had ward conference today. Ward conference here is different--it's basically three hours of sacrament. Then, to top it off, church went over about a half hour. Ugh. I need to work on focusing my excitement and enthusiasm on church... instead of food. ...like that'll ever happen... ;)

But after church, we hit up Sacre Coeur and it was awesome! It's quite a walk up to the church, but once again...worth it! (sing-songy voice) not only was the church and the view beautiful, but there are musicians that just perform and invite people to sing and dance with them It was literally like a karaoke bar outside in front of the Sacre Coeur...drunk people included. Ha!





It was a great afternoon, but now I think I'll take a nap. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment