“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

wait... we have to really study on study abroad?...no way!



So today was a rude awakening when I realized that I'm going to have to actually study here on my study abroad. But wait...it's Paris! Parisians don't study! Actually they do. I asked my host sister Mathilde if she also knew Spanish and she said of course! She said everyone in France knows at least three languages: French, English and one other that is usually Spanish, Japanese or Chinese. What the heck is this? ha! But school won't be too bad--I mean, we are still in Paris, and we do get to do cool things after class...like arc de triomphe and champs elysee! Wahoo!


Anywho, I will be taking French 202, a Paris Walks class, and a photo class. They all sounded great, but get this: my 202 class is a history class--wait for it--in FRENCH!! I can't do history in English, let alone in French. Are you joking me? I guess we'll just have to see how this all plays out... now won't we? Below is a photo I took for my photo class...likee?

Like I said before--if you could bear to read the above paragraphs-- we went to the Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysee today and it is by far my favorite place here in Paris so far. It is so extravagant--I mean who doesn't love culture, shopping, hundreds of people acting like tourists, pastry shops, and homeless men begging for money all in one! I absolutely love it!!


Oh ho ho...I almost forgot! I indeed got another pastry for breakfast/lunch today. It is called a millefeuille and it was absolutely delicious! Good thing I'm walking forever and a day here because if I didn't I'm afraid I would come home obese from all of these pastries! Oh la la! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your Paris adventures! I did a study abroad in Spain and I loved every second of it. There is something so amazing about Europe don't you think? I ate way too much though and definitely gained weight because all I did was EAT EAT EAT! haha You are looking beautiful and happy. I can't wait for your wedding in August! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete