“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Saturday, May 7, 2011

I would really like to go to church here...

Today we went to Chartres Cathedral!

It is about an hour train ride outside of Paris and it is simply lovely, my dahlings! The town it is located in is pretty cute too. It reminds me of a little German town that Hansel and Gretal would live in, and it showed me just how expensive inside Paris really is. Here you could get a pastry for a euro, while inside Paris, pastries are anywhere from 1.50-3. Man oh man!!

The Cathedral itself was amazingly beautiful--inside and out! The stain glass windows on the inside are beautiful and the gothic architecture is absolutely breathtaking--I just don't understand how they could have built something this miraculous without any of the technology we have today? It simply blows my mind!!

Like I said, the town is adorable! We were given lunch money (Wahoo!) to eat there and a group of us decided to hit up a little cafe that was deeeeelicious! I ended us getting a Croque Madame, which is basically a ham sandwich with melted cheese and an egg on top. I am definitely making some of those next year for Alex and me because they taste so good, they're French, and they don't take an enormous amount of effort! haha

After our little excursion to the countryish side, some of us went to hang out at the Eiffel Tower for a bit and just kinda people watch, take some pictures for our photo class, and really just hang out. We were going to wait for the lights to come on again, but it was getting a tad bit late.


Anywho, we're having a "pique-nique" at the gardens tomorrow and...then I have to come home and work on my photo essay and paper for French. Oh the joys of actually having to do responsible stuff while I'm here..sheesh! :)

P.S. I found a six pack of Bueno Bars for only 3.50 euros!! Oh. My. Goodness. I'm bringing some home to the States and I will be famous!! I can see it already! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment