“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

macaroons, the arc, and oh la la the movies!

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday, but I have had a TON of reading to do for my classes...and since I'm out in the city all day, I don't have much time at night between skyping Alex and the fam and doing my homework to work on my blog. BUT here is a post for you!



Yesterday, in our culture class (the one I had chocolate tasting in last week) we tried a bunch of different macaroons. Soooo good! I think I liked it better than the chocolate tasting because it was so very french. I tried a very bizarre flavor--asparagus and hazel nut--from this expensive patisserie...and it was my favorite one! It sounds gross, but the main flavor was like nutella. So if you like nutella...you would LOVE this little macaroon. The other ones that I tried were a buerre caramel one, a tropical fruit/milk chocolate, and an apricot/pistacio. All were incredible!


Today I went to the top of...(drum roll please)...the ARC DE TRIOMPHE!! It was one of my number one things to do here in Paris and I finally went today! We have been trying to go for a while, but every time we have gone it has been closed: once for a strike, once for a holiday, once they just decided to close early...geesh ya frenchies! haha But anyway, it was so amazing! You can see everything from the top and it is simply lovely!

Look at all those stairs we had to climb!!



And later this evening, a group of us went to see a movie on the Champs Elysees--the theatre was amazing! My picture really doesnt show how big or miraculous it was, but the chairs were like big sofa chairs and the front had a stage and the ceiling was very intricately designed. Everything was tres manifique!! :) Oh, and we went to see a movie called "Minuit a Paris" and you HAVE to see it! It's an American film with Owen Wilson, Rachel McAdams, and Adrian Brody in it and it was simply lovely. It was actually a Cannes film festival movie and you should definitely look up the trailer and watch it: if you love Paris or the 20s era, or are into Fitzgerald/Hemmingway/Picasso/humanities related stuff...you will love this film! So so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment