“Sometimes the only way is jumping…I hope you’re not afraid of heights.”

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

i got me some souvenirs...

Yesterday was a day full of food.
Lots. of. delicious. food.
I'm getting fat.
I promise you this.
BUT, carpe diem, eh?

Anywho, Carly and I started the day with a trip to Madeleine Church. It is a HUGE church that has a total of four domes in it--it looks like a Roman monument and it is astonishing to look at. Just magnificent!


After hitting that church up, we walked dow the street where we entered the haven of pattiseries! It is a place called Laduree and it is lovely. You MUST go and get a macaroon there if you ever visit Paris. It really is a must. While it is a bit expensive, it is well-worth! I mean it's been around since like 1836...that means it has to be bomb, right?



After Laduree and a crazy man harassing us for one of our macaroons, we left to sit in a park and then traveled to a Perfume Museum. Sounds pretty cool, huh? Well, it wasn't all that cool... I guess that's why it was free. Hmm...

As if we hadn't had enough sweets for that day, Carly and I trecked our way to a little shop that was supposed to have the best hot chocolate and croissants in town. Let me tell you...
those rumors were true.
C'est tres vrai! The hot chocolate was like drinking liquid pudding and I enjoyed every thousand calories I drank. Yummmm!!


That brings us to today. Today was a good day. Today was a great day actually!
I got two souvenirs--one for Alex and one for my mom--that I LOVE. I have been looking all of the freakin' city trying to find souvenirs that aren't just going to be thrown on a shelf or thrown in a box--souvenirs that will actually mean something and that they will love and cherish for their whole life. Now, I don't know if they will like them as much as I do, but I hope they do because I love them FOR them already! I got my dad's the other day too and I love it as well :) I wish I could tell you about them, but that would ruin the surprise, now wouldn't it?

Anyway, souvenirs were only a split second in my day. Before school, a couple of us went to Saint Chapelle, which is a beautiful little church that has the most beautiful stained-glass windows I have even seen. They are all over the place and you can feel the spirit so strongly in that little chapel...it is amazing!




After school, we went to Place des Vosgues. It is a lovely little jardin and Victor Hugo used to live in number 6 of the apartment complex next to it. Yes, we also went to visit his house. It is quite large for an apartment in the heart of Paris, but quite small to pay for a visit. So unless you're a Hugo fanatic, I wouldnt recommend spending the 5 or 7 euros to spend ten minutes in his apartment. It was pretty cool though...but we did get in for free once again with our magic cards that our program gave us :)





After Hugo's house, we went and got hot chocolate from the same place. Again. Don't judge me. I know I'm getting fat, but once... again carpe diem, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment